PROJECT: CLASS 150/2 C6
Customer: Porterbrook (ROSCO) / Arriva Trains Wales (TOC)
Building on the success of our Class 158 refurbishment contract, Arriva TrainCare were successful in being awarded a contract by Porterbrook that involved the full external repaint and C6 Heavy Maintenance Exam of 72 x Class 150/2 vehicles, operated by Arriva Trains Wales. The scope of
work was additionally developed to include for corrosion repairs, vehicle enhancements and modifications along with a refresh of the vehicle interior to give a brighter and fresher experience to the travelling passengers.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Full Exterior Repaint to new corporate livery.
- Interior refresh of the Passenger Saloon Area – including:
- Full Interior Repaint.
- Powder coating of Grabhandles and Handrails.
- Full overhaul of Chapman seating, including new moquette, replacement of seat foams as required, and refinishing of seat shells.
- New linoleum saloon and cab floor covering and flooring substrate renewed throughout.
- New saloon tables.
- Vehicle Modifications and Enhancements – including:
- New engine start/stop control boxes.
- New “dual-fuel” cab heaters.
- New bodyside door leaves.
- Corrosion repairs to maintain structural integrity throughout for the remain projected lifespan of the vehicles.
- C6 Heavy Maintenance Exam, including doorgear overhaul.